Follow these instructions to configure Outlook 2007 for your SageSolution.net email accounts.
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2007, and go to Tools > Account Settings...
- On the E-mail tab, click New.
- On Auto Account Setup, click the checkbox: Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
- Choose the Internet E-mail option then click Next.
- Provide the following information:
Then click Next.
- Your name (this is the name that will show up as "from" when you send messages)
- Your email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your account type (our email service supports both IMAP and POP3 connections)
- Your incoming mail server (which will be mail.yourdomain.com, where "domain.com" is your domain name)
- Your outgoing mail server (SMTP) (which will also be mail.yourdomain.com, where "domain.com" is your domain name)
- Your User name (this is your full email address as stated above)
- Your Password (this is the same password you use to access your web mail).
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab, then click the checkbox: My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Also click the radio button: Use same settings as my incoming mail server. Then click OK.
- Click Finish.
Warning... Some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) commonly block the default port, port 25, of outbound email servers so that you are unable to access mail servers outside of their control. In some cases, you may need to make a modification to your email client to get around this block. We have opened an alternate port, 8889, to accommodate this. To change your Outgoing Server (SMTP) port, review the knowledge base article below.
Alternate SMTP Port for Outlook Express and Outlook (Windows)
Article ID: 10, Created On: 10/20/2011, Modified: 10/20/2011